Thanks for visiting www.strivingforsimple.co.uk. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this site.
If you have any questions about or problems using the Site, please email us at [insert email code]
‘Content’ – Any text, images, video, audio or other materials submitted to or on the Site
‘Terms’ – These terms and conditions of use as updated from time to time
‘Submission’ – Any text, images, video, audio or other materials submitted by you or other users to the Site
‘Intellectual Property Rights’ – All patents, rights to inventions, utility models, copyright and related rights, trademarks, trade, business and domain names, rights in goodwill and to sue for passing off, rights in design, database right, moral rights and other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications for and all renewals or extensions of such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection in any part of the world;
‘We’, ‘Us’ or ‘Our’ – Stephanie Mullen, t/a Striving for Simple (www.strivingforsimple.co.uk)
‘You’ or ‘Your’ – The person using the Site or its Content
Using the Site
1. The Site is for your personal and internal business use only.
2. You agree that you are solely responsible for any costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the Site.
3. We may prevent your access to the Site if you do not comply with any part of these Terms, any policies to which they refer or any applicable law.
Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
4. This Site and all Intellectual Property Rights in it including but not limited to any Content are owned by us. We reserve all of our rights in any intellectual property in connection with the Site. This means, for example, that we remain owners of them and free to use them as we see fit.
5. Nothing in these Terms grants you any legal rights in the Site other than as necessary to enable you to access the Site.
Accuracy of information and Site availability
6. While we try to make sure that the Site is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we cannot guarantee this. Furthermore, we cannot guarantee that the Site will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information on this Site is at your own risk.
7. We may suspend or terminate operation of the Site at any time, as we see fit.
8. Content is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us, our products and services, news, features and other websites that may be of interest. It does not constitute technical, financial or medical advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any purposes.
9. While we try to make sure that the Site is available for your use as much as possible, we cannot not guarantee that the Site will be available at all times.
Hyperlinks and third party sites
10. The Site may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites external to the Site. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them.
11. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party website does not mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products or services.
12. Your use of a third party site will be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
Acceptable Use policy
13. As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree:
- not to use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful under any applicable law or prohibited by these Terms;
- not to use the Site to distribute viruses or malware or other similar harmful software code;
- not to use the Site for purposes of promoting unsolicited advertising or sending spam;
- not to use the Site to simulate communications from us or another service or entity in order to collect identity information, authentication credentials, or other information (‘phishing’);
- not to use the Site in any manner that disrupts the operation of our Site or business or the website or business of any other entity;
- not to represent or suggest that we endorse any other business, product or service unless we have separately agreed to do so in writing; and
- not to attempt to circumvent password or user authentication methods.
Submissions to the Site
14. While we try to make sure that the Site is secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you supply to us or that it will be kept confidential. For that reason, you should not submit to the Site any information that you regard as confidential, commercially sensitive or valuable.
15. We may use your or any other Submissions as we see reasonably fit on a free-of-charge basis. We shall not be legally responsible to you or anybody else for any use of Submissions.
16. We have the right but not the obligation to monitor or moderate Submissions to the Site.
17. We may remove or edit any Submissions to the Site, whether they are moderated or not.
18. Any Submission or communication to users of our Site must conform to standards of accuracy, decency and lawfulness, which shall be applied in our discretion, acting reasonably. In particular, you warrant that any Submission or communication is:
- your own original work and lawfully submitted;
- factually accurate or your own genuinely held belief;
- provided with the necessary consent of any third party;
- not defamatory or likely to give rise to an allegation of defamation;
- not offensive, obscene, sexually explicit, discriminatory or deceptive; and
- unlikely to cause offence, embarrassment or annoyance to others.
Linking to our Site
19. You may create a link to our Site from another website without our prior written consent provided that the link does not:
- imply that we endorse your products or services or any of the products or services available through the website on which you place a link to our Site;
- display any of the trademarks or logos used on our Site without our permission; or
- appear on a website that itself does not meet the acceptable use requirements of this policy.
20. We reserve the right to require you to immediately remove any link to the Site at any time, and you shall immediately comply with any request by us to remove any such link.
Using our name and logo
21. You may not use our trade marks, logos or trade names except in accordance with these Terms.
22. Use of any of our logos without our written consent infringes the copyright held in respect of the logos.
23. We shall apply these Terms in our absolute discretion. In the event of your breach of the Terms we may terminate or suspend your use of the Site, remove or edit Submissions, disclose Submissions to law enforcement authorities or take any action we consider necessary to remedy the breach.
Limitation on our liability
24. Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury), we are not legally responsible for:
- any losses that were not foreseeable to you and us when these Terms were formed;
- any losses that were not caused by any breach on our part; or
- any business losses.
25. These Terms are dated 8th December 2019. No changes to these Terms are valid or have any effect unless agreed by us in writing.
26. We reserve the right to vary these Terms from time to time.
27. Our updated terms will be displayed on the Site and by continuing to use and access the Site following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us.
28. It is your responsibility to check these Terms from time to time to verify such variations.
29. We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently and we expect that the parties will usually be able to find an amicable resolution to any disputes.
30. If you are unhappy with us please contact us as soon as possible to let us know.
31. If a dispute arises, you and we agree to attempt to settle it by mediation in accordance with the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR) Model Mediation Procedure.
32. Clause 31 does not affect the freedom of either of us to commence legal proceedings to preserve any legal right or remedy or to protect any Intellectual Property Rights or trade secrets whether by way of injunctive relief or otherwise.
Governing law and jurisdiction
33. These Terms and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
34. Each of the parties submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in England and Wales.